What is Hawaiian Airlines Change Flight Fees

• June 17, 2023 5:55 AM EDT

Hawaiian Airlines, like many other airlines, charges change fees for modifying flight details. These fees can vary based on factors such as the fare class, ticket type, and the time of the change request. In this guide, we will delve into Hawaiian Airlines' change flight fee policy in detail, providing you with information on the fees, considerations, and possible scenarios.

1. Understanding Change Flight Fees: a. Change Fee Amount: The specific change fee amount imposed by Hawaiian Airlines can vary and is subject to change. It is recommended to refer to the airline's official website or contact their customer service for the most up-to-date information. b. Fare Class Differences: The change fee may differ depending on the fare class of your original ticket. Higher fare classes might have lower or no change fees, while lower fare classes could have higher change fees. c. Time of Change Request: The timing of your change request can also impact the change fee. Typically, making changes closer to the departure date may result in higher fees. d. Fee Per Passenger, Per Itinerary: Change fees are usually charged on a per-passenger, per-itinerary basis. This means that if you have multiple passengers on the same reservation, the change fee will apply to each passenger.

2. Examples of Change Flight Scenarios and Fees: a. Changing Dates: If you need to change your flight dates, you will likely incur a change fee. For instance, if you initially booked an economy fare ticket and want to change the date, you might be charged a fee of $200 per passenger. b. Modifying Destinations: Altering your flight destination may also result in a change fee. The fee amount can vary, and you should check with Hawaiian Airlines for the specific charges associated with your ticket and new destination. c. Switching Fare Classes: In some cases, you may wish to upgrade your fare class. Upgrading typically involves paying the fare difference between your original ticket and the new fare, in addition to any applicable change fees. d. Flexibility Options: Hawaiian Airlines may offer flexible fare options that allow for changes without incurring change fees. These options usually come at a higher price point, but they provide more flexibility in modifying your flights.

1. Waivers and Exceptions: a. Schedule Changes: If Hawaiian Airlines makes changes to your flight schedule, such as a significant departure time change, they may waive the change fee. b. COVID-19 Flexibility: During the COVID-19 pandemic, airlines, including Hawaiian Airlines, have implemented more flexible change policies. It is important to review the specific COVID-19-related policies in effect at the time of your travel, as they may impact change fees and cancellation options.

1. Important Considerations: a. Fare Rules: It is crucial to review the fare rules associated with your ticket, as they outline the specific conditions and fees for changes. b. Time Limits: Hawaiian Airlines may have specific time limits or deadlines for making flight changes. Be aware of these time constraints to avoid additional fees or restrictions. c. Contact Hawaiian Airlines: For accurate and up-to-date information regarding change fees, it is recommended to visit the Hawaiian Airlines official website or contact their customer service directly. They can provide specific details based on your booking and answer any questions you may have.

1. Tips to Minimize Change Fees: a. Plan Ahead: Whenever possible, try to finalize your travel plans before booking to minimize the need for changes later on. b. Flexible Fares: Consider purchasing more flexible fare options that come with fewer restrictions and lower change fees. c. Travel Insurance: Explore the option of purchasing travel insurance that covers trip changes and cancellations. Review the policy details to ensure it aligns with your needs.

Remember that the information provided here is based on general practices, and it's important to refer to the most recent guidelines provided by Hawaiian Airlines for accurate and detailed information regarding change flight fees.

Can I change my flight to a different date?

You can change or cancel a flight, yes. Nevertheless, depending on the airline you purchased with and the fare class of your ticket, you could have to pay a change or cancellation fee.

Can you ask to change flights?

Airlines are typically prepared to re-accommodate you on a different flight (even if they don't specifically state it in the email) since they would prefer that you not request a refund. But you'll need to inquire, just like I did when I just booked a flight to Spain.

Can you cancel a Hawaiian Airlines flight within 24 hours?

Any reservations made at least seven days before to the flight's scheduled departure time are eligible for a full refund of their ticket price, less any applicable fees, if made within 24 hours of the reservation being made.

How can I change my flight date for free?

How Can I Change My Flight Without Paying a Fee?

1. Conduct research. Not just for Boy Scouts, "always be prepared" applies.

2. Increase Your Status, Make a Change Within 24 Hours of Booking, Find Out If You Have Trip Cancellation Insurance, and More.

3. Call customer service. Make a Same-Day Change.

Can I change my flight date one day before?

Can my flight be changed to the day before or the day after? Yes. If you want to make a free adjustment to your ticket, it must comply with the same-day confirmation policy and the new flight must leave within 24 hours of your original departure time (either earlier or later).

Can I change my flight ticket after booking?

Can my flight be changed to the day before or the day after? Yes. If you want to make a free adjustment to your ticket, it must comply with the same-day confirmation policy and the new flight must leave within 24 hours of your original departure time (either earlier or later).

How last minute can you cancel a flight?

The US Department of Transportation issued a straightforward regulation stating that airlines must "hold a reservation at the quoted fare for 24 hours without payment or allow a reservation to be cancelled within 24 hours without penalty." The latter is typically offered by airlines (and many do so even when they also...

Can you change flight dates with basic economy?

Except as permitted by our 24-hour flexible booking policy, Basic Economy tickets are nonrefundable and nontransferable. No other fare type may be paired with them. When cancelled or not used, they are worthless. If they are cancelled before departure, they can be eligible for a partial travel credit.