Forums » News and Announcements

e such prolonged lack of norms

    • 227 posts
    April 16, 2018 3:07 AM EDT

    ANKARA http://www.buccaneersrookiestore.com/Buccaneers-William-Gholston-Jersey/ , July 5 (Xinhua) -- Turkey security forces said at least 25 suspects linked to Islamic State (IS) were detained in anti-terror operations on Wednesday.

     

    The raids aimed to thwart planned attacks and uncover the organization's activities, security forces said in a statement.

     

    The anti-terror operations were carried out simultaneously in nine provinces, namely Van, Agri, Istanbul, Izmir, Kocaeli, Bingol, Adiyaman, Denizli and Mardin.

     

    In Istanbul, the IS suspects targeted have been on a security watchlist for four months, Dogan news agency reported.

     

    Separately, 12 other IS suspects, arrested in two recent operations in the southern province of Adana, were referred to the court on Wednesday, said state-run Anadolu Agency.

     

    Two of the suspects were planning to conduct attacks abroad while some others were plotting to attack meetings of local religious communities in the provinces of Konya and Gaziantep.

     

    Nearly 190 suspects linked to IS were arrested in nationwide counter-terrorism operations last month.

     

    Xi says China supports EU to be "united, stable, prosperous, open"

     

    Xi arrives in Berlin for state visit to Germany

     

    China, Russia pledge to play role of ballast stone for world peace

     

    Water level of Xijiang River reaches 23.10 meters in China's Guangxi

     

    Weekly choices of Xinhua photo

     

    In pics: sea of vervain in terraced fields in E China

     

    Fireworks show held to mark HK's 20th return anniversary

     

    Water level of Ganjiang River rises due to lasting rainstorm

     

    MADRID, Jan. 7 (Xinhua) -- FC Barcelona's veteran midfield general Xavi Hernandez said on Tuesday that he is not sure he will end his career with the club.

     

    Although that may shock Barca fans at first reading, it is not a massive surprise given that Xavi will celebrate his 34th birthday at the end of the month and has a contract until the end of June 2016, by which time he will be 36 years old.

     

    Xavi made his first team debut for Barca when he was just 18 years old, but since then his passing ability has developed into an artform and he, more than anyone, can be seen as the architect of the football that made Barcelona the top club in Europe and has made Spain both World and European Champions.

     

    In an interview with 'Panenka' magazine in Spain, Xavi looked into the future and admitted that if he is going to continue playing past 36, he may need to do so at a different club. "It will be difficult to finish my career here. I don't know if I am going to end it at Barcelona, although I would like to. I don't know what is going to happen," he said.

     

    The good news is that after struggling with physical problems in the later stages of last season, Xavi believes he has recovered his physical shape.

     

    "I feel even better than in recent seasons," he insisted, adding that although he doesn't like to be rested for any games, he sees the need to sit matches out now and then.

     

    "I don't want to miss any, but I see the need to dose my efforts a bit more. Maybe in Spain people get carried away when a player reaches 30, but this is the best I have felt in my career. More mature, physically better. It is because I have learned things," he said.

     

    As one of the great passers in the game, Xavi defended Barca's passing game, saying that at times he "feels more frustrated at missing a pass than in missing a chance to score. I am happy plying for Barcelona because of their philosophy," he said, adding that former Barca coach, Pep Guardiola had been "important, " for him, while not holding back on his criticism of former Real Madrid boss, Jose Mourinho, who he said he caused worse relations between the two clubs.

     

    "They call him the 'Special One' because he won this and that, but I don't like how his teams play. I don't think he has left a legacy," said Xavi.

     

    Meanwhile Tuesday saw Leo Messi called into the squad for Barca' s Copa del Rey tie at home to Getafe on Wednesday night.

     

    Messi returns to action after almost two months out as the result of a hamstring injury.

     

     

     

    ROME, Feb. 21 (Xinhua) -- Italian taxi drivers staged an angry demonstration before the parliament on Tuesday to protest against a draft legislation perceived as favoring Uber and other similar car-sharing and car-hiring services.

     

    Meanwhile, taxi wildcat strikes entered their sixth day in the Italian capital, Milan, Naples, Turin and Genoa.

     

    Several hundreds cab drivers from across the country gathered in the main square before the lower house since early morning. The protest was unauthorized, and anti-riot police officers were deployed around all of the major buildings in the area.

     

    Minor scuffles between protesters and police took place near the headquarters of the ruling Democratic Party in the morning, according to the local media.

     

    The protest was sparked by an amendment contained in a government's wide decree that was currently under discussion in parliament. The provision, if definitively approved, would postpone the introduction of new norms to control car-sharing and car-hiring services from the next month to the end of this year.

     

    Taxi drivers believe such prolonged lack of norms would damage the taxi industry, helping de-regulating the sector, and favoring app-based car transport solutions overall.

     

    Supporters of the decree, however, think customers in Italy deserve to be offered a greater choice in terms of city transport services.

     

    On Monday, major taxi unions had called on their members to put an end to the wildcat strikes, at least until a scheduled meeting with Italy's Transport Minister Graziano Delrio which would take place on Tuesday. Their call, however, was not heard.

     

    The sit-in and rally around the parliament, which lies in Rome historic center, caused disruption in the Italian capital on Tuesday. The halt of services to and from the major airports of Rome and Mila.