A bus ride to Hotel Fort Canning from Pavillion Mall

• 1 posts
    June 22, 2018 12:41 AM EDT

Hotel Fort Canning

This is a boutique heritage hotel that was opened for the people in the year 2010, since then it has won several accolades. The hotel is known to have the highest standard of excellence and has been ranked amongst the top hotels of Asia and all over the world. The hotel has about 86 rooms and suites that have been well appointed and holds some of the most modern amenities. This luxurious hotel also has 2 huge outdoor pools and a 24/7 fitness centre. The building is believed to have been used as the British Far East command during World War II. The hotel is just 22 minutes away from the Changi International Airport.

The hotel has about 86 guest rooms, which is quite a low number, compared to other hotels. However, this is because each of the rooms have been spaciously designed offering some of the best luxuries. My stay here was an experience that I would hardly ever forget. I was staying on the second floor and a base room cost me 280 SGD.

Having travelled by bus all throughout my journey in Singapore, I found travelling by bus very convenient and since Kuala Lumpur Malaysia was next on my list, i booked a bus from Hotel Fort Canning to Kuala Lumpur. The bus stop was just 11 minutes away from my hotel and I boarded a bus from the Dhody Ghaut MRT Station Bus Stop. I booked my bus tickets online from https://www.redbus.sg style="font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;">The bus dropped me off to the Air Asia Bus Stop in Malaysia, which is just 4 minutes away from the Pavillion Mall. The journey took me about 9 hours. There were3 operators plying on this route which were KTMB, Rapid KL and SMRT.

Pavillion Mall Kuala Lumpur

Pavillion Mall is considered to be one of the biggest shopping malls of Malaysia. The mall occupies a huge chunk of prime real estate along Jalan Bukit Bintang. It was opened for the people in the year 2007 and is divided into 3 major sections – a retail mall, an office block and with two huge residential towers. It has kept the city’s trendy fashion followers completely up to date and setting a perfect example of how extravagant some malls can be, with a number of dining options. The mall is spread across 1.37 million sq ft of land and has been constructed using white marble. The mall is a combination of indoor and outdoor shopping venues and it consists of an oversized Grecian temple. The temple features modern pillars and has about 450 different stores. It also has some hip-hop dining options, big box retailers and international designer labels as well as local retailers. The mall is one of the most visited places by the people of Kuala Lumpur and it does not matter if it is a weekday or a weekend, the mall is always crowded with hundreds of people. It will not be an exaggeration to say that it will take you more than 2 days to explore the entire place.

This post was edited by soniarai rai at June 22, 2018 12:41 AM EDT
    • 212 posts
    April 5, 2020 9:50 AM EDT

Thanks for sharing your experience and places where you stayed! I'd love to make a trip in Asia, but this virus destroyed my plans! I hope in the future I will travel there following your advice!

• 71 posts
    April 5, 2020 3:36 PM EDT

I believe you wanted to share with us your experience in Singapore. In fact it is a quite useful information for people who never been in Singapore and plan to make a vacation there. The hotel where you stayed is a great choice, because it’s near the airport and city center. It’s better to overpay a little bit and have all the sightseeings near you, than to keep searching like crazy all the popular places. You mentioned public transport which there are no doubts it works perfectly and according to the schedule. I had the same experience in Orlando as you in Singapore. I call my trip there Orlando bachelorette party. The hotel where we stayed had the perfect location for new visitors due to close worth visiting locations. Probably I’ll make a new thread and share my experience in Orlando in the same way as you did.

• 107 posts
    April 7, 2020 4:23 AM EDT

[blockquote]Antony Cloony said:

I believe you wanted to share with us your experience in Singapore. In fact it is a quite useful information for people who never been in Singapore and plan to make a vacation there. The hotel where you stayed is a great choice, because it’s near the airport and city center. It’s better to overpay a little bit and have all the sightseeings near you, than to keep searching like crazy all the popular places. You mentioned public transport which there are no doubts it works perfectly and according to the schedule. I had the same experience in Orlando as you in Singapore. I call my trip there Orlando bachelorette party. The hotel where we stayed had the perfect location for new visitors due to close worth visiting locations. Probably I’ll make a new thread and share my experience in Orlando in the same way as you did.

[/blockquote]

Where can I find some more feedback?